lunes, 19 de septiembre de 2011

The earthquake


What did we learn from this great catastrophe of September 19?

It was early that day. It was a sunny day, clear sky, the birds with their songs, they were welcoming the sun king and everything began to run and flow as usual and we had just played in his pajamas up with one of my little ones to walk it mounted on my feet, into believing he was some big steps, when suddenly, the whole house furniture, lamps, pictures, began to shake so loud, almost explosive, and various ornaments of the shelves collapsed. I lost my balance with my son and thankfully, as we walked down a hallway, just left on one side to the other as if they were drunks. Many books are also precipitated vinièndose the floor, was when the lady who checked us in, I emepezò desperately shouting from the kitchen: What sir, what happens?
Trepidatory that time, seemed like forever, was just the beginning of a major debacle ... In different areas of the city, everything had come down and people begin to walk on thousands of corpses, tearing emitting cries of pain and despair that only the passage of time, perhaps, could weaken.

The house phone began to ring. It was the voice, with tones of great excitement, my older brother: Hey, Raul, everything fell! The buildings, houses, are very bad, people are very hurt, we need help! I replied that will connect with my friend Felix Sordo in Televisa and to ask for help, that he may support. We hung up and then emepecè to size it was something really serious. My wife, for those times, had returned home, it was very early, working out at his club. He arrived with his face all broken down: You do not know!

I took off my pajamas, get dressed in work clothes and went immediately to join with the help of my peers. The voice aid kit my brother rang me everywhere: We need help! Of course my imagination is going to be very short, of what happened.

Many subway lines were out of service. In the car, I could only reach the roundabout Villa, left the authorities no longer move more vehicles. From that point, I started walking toward the center of the city. Many buildings were collapsed, several cars were crushed by debris, people showed amazement and fear on their faces. He saw smoke everywhere, people in these areas running and screaming for help: They are under that fence! They said. They were all caught up in that building! Signal. The children lived there, 'lamented. In scenes and paintings of great terror. Especially harrowing scenes, a lot of impotence, because little could be done to remove heavy debris so many of which had been just hours ago, solid construction.

But the worst of the disaster, was located in the Colonia Roma area. Here, countless buildings, had collapsed as if they were dominoes. The housing unit that was in front of the medical center and the same hospital, were almost in ruins, but the unit was surrounded by a large park, where they began to deposit and some victims were seriously injured. It seemed, everything, a great battle. The buildings, about seven floors, the vast majority, had collapsed. The scenes of grief, were multiple and unspeakable. People moved from one place to another, running everywhere, trying to render assistance to the wounded to their suffering. Medical Center who had wanted to go, it was useless and going through the same vicissitudes, with patients hospitalized there and frightened. No one was able to secure from the sudden and tremendous shock land of more than seven degrees of intensity.
 There, I stopped to assist a woman who could not stop mourn and asked if he was in pain, turned out to be deaf, but with a gesture and moviento of their hands, made me realize that if all of that, it was bombing, that if there was an attack with weapons. She moved her hands from one side to the other and made them collide, as if they were buildings that had collapsed. As not listen, just felt the earth moving and saw the buildings crashed against each other, as if an explosion or something similar, had moved.

My brother owned a small flower shop, located on the streets of Morelia, precisely in the Colonia Roma. Stop by that street and in fact, everything was in ruins and the air was full of dust, trouble breathing and so in these conditions, there were several areas throughout the city.

My mood was of constant alert. For those times, and we were all very careful of aftershocks. We felt that everything was spinning and continued to oscillate, but did not.

People continued to assisting each other as they could and with what they had at their disposal, making rescues difficult, because it required heavy tool to remove huge blocks of concrete. We rescue many, who only saw them and your feet still moving. Habàin been covered by soil, gravel and many bricks on top, but nothing serious. What if you ask us most is that had happened and immediately said to them was an earthquake!

The ambulances and sirens rang throughout the city. Firefighters could not keep up. We were insufficient to so much tragedy. Over time, we'd heard that he had done in other parts of the capital. The radio and television, they ceased not to report: subsides factory seamstresses Tlalpan! Help is needed in Colonia Juarez! Televisa is off the air, fell down the transmission tower and crashed into the buildings associated installations!

It was there, when I remembered, again, my dear and close friend Felix Sordo. I immediately went to Chapultepec Avenue 18 and without thinking, I got into what little remained of the building where he worked daily news very early: The picture was awful, there was no standing, no floor. Everything had collapsed as if it were a cake destroyed. From that building, had transmitted to him, sports commentary. I searched and searched diligently. Try to find a way to penetrate the escombros.Un bolero, recognized me and said, "I pull from where we were, but there were many glass and were about five meters. I had just given the ball to Felix's shoes, and you I saw him not. just saw dark and dusty, everything was a breeze "... was released to mourn, hugged him tightly coupled with the latest picture of my friend who had been steeped in his eyes and tried to comfort and comfort. What a pain, much pain, I lost my best friend's soul ...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario