viernes, 30 de septiembre de 2011

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER!

Have passed, and forty-three years of that mark in 1968, so deep, sad, painful, very painful and shameful, that many, many Mexicans, had to accept to become a scar no convincing explanation.The national strike committee, for security and strategy, decided that the march, this time, would leave at five in the afternoon of Santo Tomas, located in the Colonia Santa Maria la Ribera Street Extension of Carpio, seat of the facilities of some schools in the National Polytechnical Institute, toward the Plaza de las Tres Culturas, located in Tlatelolco Housing Unit.The student contingent from various parts of the city, began to arrive from two in the afternoon. For the five, the crowd was already very large. They had also joined various contingents of peasants, workers and students from different entities of the Mexican Republic. The march started punctually. The protesters did not suspect what would happen there hours later.The banners we carried just merely referred to student projects and social change in the management of security policy in Mexico City, the reinstatement of the scholarship system for students and mismanagement in the Department of Federal District, under Colonel Regent Corona del Rosal. The emblems were alluding to national and international social activists: Che Guevara, Zapata, Villa, Hidalgo, Morelos, Mao. Our cries of war were: The people united will never be defeated! Peace, Peace, Peace, Diaz Ordaz these ugly monkey!We Corona del Rosal, bottling! Newspapers sold! Mexico, Mexico, Mexico! and some verses of the National Anthem.About six o'clock in the afternoon, most of the quotas had already reached the Plaza de las Tres Culturas. There already were several trucks with riot police, traffic cops, patrol cars, motorcycles and the Olympia Battalion, who were together with their tanks, half-hidden and installed in the extension of San Juan de Letran and the Avenida de Manuel González.The presence of the army and no wonder, since the authorities had authorized capital directly control the student movement, weeks ago. We had and the awareness and experience with the "bazucaso" at the door of No. 1 High School, the dismantling of violence luxuriously Graphics Workshop Magazine "Why" and the attacks on the Vocational 5, do not mess with them.The quotas, all, we were always very respectful of the authorities who were guarding the marches, in fact there was never any direct confrontation of them.At about quarter past six p.m., we were all gathered quotas.In the Chihuahua building, the eighth-floor terrace, several microphones had been installed. From there, the movement's leaders and guest speakers would use the word. That would be our platform.I was a young man studying the final year of high school, precisely in the Isaac School Ochoterena, where a lightning attack by the thugs of the Vocational 5, had begun the movement, weeks ago.In the Plaza de las Tres Culturas the atmosphere was sensational. It was a moment of great emotion that. The student movement was able to attract and draw together much of the population. The "Goya" university and "güerum" of the polytechnic, we put the creeps and goosebumps. We heard countless clubs everywhere were united and identified in a single objective: A fairer and equitable to all, our country.I heard on the speakers, the truth, I do not care. I kept seeing and feeling all that great crowd and the positive energy that issued and were planning to. Suddenly, watching, watching, I realized that among us, mixed, some subjects were strangers in civilian clothes, but with a white glove on his right hand, that it made me curious and immediately communicate it to my older brother who was with me and he mentioned it to turn to other friends that also attended the rally. There were people of all ages, even children, because the Plaza de las Tres Culturas, is like a large courtyard surrounded by many buildings of different sizes. Is also right there, the courtyard of the Church of Santiago Tlatelolco of the Franciscans and the building right from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and enfrentito, a series of pre-Hispanic archaeological ruins can be seen from the top of the esplanade , because they are attached to the original soil are below the level of the plaza.My brother told me he was going to bring more to the Chihuahua building, which is what is in front of the esplanade. For my part, I decided to buy a soft drink Avenue Extension of San Juan de Letran and Nonoalco, trying to find somewhere to sit, close by, there are several rocks embedded in the terrain that is found around the ruins.And would almost seven in the evening, perhaps a little less, when suddenly, a police helicopter in the air groove and threw a flare of white. All we worry about way. Some children were playing near me, outside the store where I was drinking my soda. I was at the back of the armored battalion of the army of Olympia in the second section of the large housing unit, across the avenue. The leaders we communicated by the speaker not to make any movement and that we respond to any aggression: "Do not move, stay calm!".Everything happened in a matter of minutes. After the release of the flare, white-collar men, began to attack the demonstrators. I took the bottle of soda and ran away to join the defense of my colleagues, for me everything was clear, then I was behind them and the movements of these men were easy to spot me, operated in an organized and disciplined Together, making a sort of fence. It was then that there were several guns sounds that nobody could say exactly where they came from, if people infiltrated or from the flanks. The noise did not stop weapons were sounds such as hammering on an anvil, clunks. They started shouting and wild races. All was confusion and chaos. I stopped and immediately return to the store to try to protect me. The shots apparently were made from the roof of Chihuahua or perhaps further from some other multifamily around. The fire was crossed. It seemed that anyone responded to the attack. I felt in those moments that moved me the floor, did not specify exactly what was happening, my emotions are churning, everything was confused, my brain would help me, I could not fully reasoned. I began to see how all the boys started running in disarray, in different directions. The shots were heard and everywhere. The protesters had been surprised, taken aback. The reaction was disorganized and all trampling each other. Bullets buzzed everywhere. The roar of the guns was deafening. Everyone was running like gazelles in wait, like rabbits in disarray, the shooting was great. There was confusion and terror ...It was tremendous that I felt at that moment, I was terrified, my heart beats were very strong, my ears buzzed, cold sweat, my body was as if asleep, it was horrible to witness all this, the night began to fall. Still scope to look like a lady I raise some of the children while a man clutching the hand of another and tried to hide in trash cans in the building, installed in a hidden compartment in the floor covered with mushroom-shaped caps. Then came a total blackout, because by that time, was already on artificial light. It was dark. All was anxiety, disharmony, uncertainty, chaos, and many cries of pain. It was what we were witnessing tremendous and most of all listening. The boys all were caught between several fronts, in the crossfire, there was no way towhich follow, there was no where to run, only in circles, was a pen of death, a circle of great tragedy. And that was only the beginning of a great slaughter that would minutes later, when the army moved from where he was half-hidden and the Olympia Battalion, with fixed bayonets, began to melee attack, opening fire intensively, to the dial, attackers, who were under attack from the building Chihuahua. The truth is they were doing against their own brothers. Against the demonstrators. Against students. Against families. Against children. As if they were a well-armed enemy. It was awful, very awful, all that!. The bursts came from the guns of the tanks were impressive, with the darkness that prevailed, they were the devil himself lights the fire of hell. The sounds deafened us and we could not do anything, because a group of riot police prevented us batons and rifle butts base. The cries of pain of our comrades were heard everywhere. We were shouted at the soldiers that they were cursed murderers. Ambulances began to arrive and many were soldiers. The attack lasted just over forty minutes. Night had fallen. It was cold, windy and a drizzle began to fall. It was then ordered to take military completely Plaza de las Tres Culturas. Soldiers continued to quietly entering fixed bayonets to prevent any surprises. Since I did not hear, because I ran terrified to tell my father what had happened there. I lived in a small settlement called Santa Maria Insurgentes, a few blocks of Tlatelolco Housing Unit Nonoalco.Come to my house and my mother informed me very scared and worried that he had heard the sounds of bullets and my father had gone to get away. I turned out despite the refusal of my mother. Everything was dark because the lights were turned off throughout the periphery. I ran toward the apartment of my maternal grandmother who was in the first section of the Tlatelolco housing unit, right next to the flagship tower residential complex is built in a cutting edge and has twenty floors. Over there across the bridge linking Nonoalco North Insurgentes Insurgentes Centro. Imagine my surprise when I run almost in the dark with my father and brother who also came running toward the house "peel it, Raul!" - I call my father, because this, referring to my brother, just set fire to a passenger bus on the bridge ... Other young people also went running past us. Look back, while we ran, and saw the truck burning torch on the way to top of the bridge ...We took refuge in the house and tried to comfort each other, because we lost all our dearest friends ... To our brothers ... so many precious young people ... do not ever see them again ... Do not forget, do not forget, nor the forget: Never, never, never!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario