martes, 12 de marzo de 2013

LEFT TO FEND

The holidays are celebrated in which adult honomàsticos, usually, often sucitar congratulations, which delivers some present - that no one is obliged to, which is provided with some intoxicating drink, which provide delicious snacks concurrency , a meal or a delicious dinner and especially scenes that evoke the past, where the birthday child has excelled in this or that reason and all that leads to good times to try to have a good time ... But this party the talk today, ended with some unexpected events outwith the usual:

Bah! We believe the most from the creation and materials are made with very little resistance and poor quality compared to other animals, which exposes us to the worst, we have no quality that makes us truly outstanding ... Do not have realized that when we bathe in the tub or swim in a pool and hold, we shrug? jajjajajaja
- We're starting with your crap, Ernesto! - Not someone who recriminate missed. But it was funny the first detail of the meeting and thus broke the ice and everything started flowing so nice and pleasant, galloping through the meadows all huge and open the sport pleasant laugh.

But also, I must be honest, that joke does not deserve the honor of a story, if it had ended here: Who is Ernesto extravagantly referred to old age, mentioning that we shrug to hold dive in water - at least I understood , I-, no cause of sufficient weight to distract dear reader of its many and varied occupations in times of unemployment and hunger ... If I'm allowing this event festive recount, is that was the prelude to a series of disturbing events that will follow ...

First I have to clarify, that is not my forte, tales of terror. I've never found to be a threat to anyone, nor am I anyone's rival in the genre, well, neither am many others. The terror and mystery require much thought and brain work hard, precise and methodical which unfortunately do not possess. My talent is more focused on the journalistic, to the intuitive. So I get stuck at the keyboard, not caring that this fashion now kill journalists and reporters and authorities, at least in my country, to do nothing or become a blind eye, sticking their heads in the ground like ostriches who happen to be good, denying the harsh reality.

The party passed as the vast majority of them, in the midst of pushing, nalgazos, elbows, odors, smoke, noise, music, kisses and laughter. Suddenly, I began to realize that several people dressed colloquially ie, very casual, very often heading to the kitchen, came in, but not out of it. That was the first event of the night ... strange

The second and most puzzling event was when I approached the kitchen door, I could percatar that an individual had franqueàndola and whom only allowed to enter a phrase mentioned: ¨ I can go to the kitchen to serve some ¨ punch?
Yes, of course, come in a very good way-the guardian answered those rare individuals .... The reaction of the character who guarded the door, was identical to that mentioned all of the mentioned phrase ...

The third event that is what leads me to relate to you what follows, is that the left lane logic and everything was transformed into journalistic material, worthy to be taken into account by someone like me, curious, restless and intuitive .

 Again, there were several subjects who made the statement to the custodian of the door. All unknown to me and making its appearance spontaneously on the same stage with the same request to cross the kitchen door of the house of the celebrated and worse, no one is aware of it or not they saw were doing ...

At first, I could not believe what I was witnessing and the strangest thing is that the characters and they made noise: Operating Extra punch served, I kept hearing the crack of glass cups or glasses to serve. I wondered: ¨ That phrase will not have a double meaning ¨? ...

This deduction, of course, dear reader, and insurance you had thought, right? Responds to something very obvious. Of course, it was a password. There were headed to serve punch or anything like that, but that went to a basement where there was a cellar and ahì held clandestine meetings and secret ...

I did a raincoat I found in the wardrobe of the party, which was rather a kind of dirty and worn waterproof and telling me to approach the custodian heard:
- I can go to get some additional punch?
The reaction of the guardian of the kitchen was a bit strange to hear my prayer so-obviously modified by emotion, I had the wrong phrase, but did not flinch.
-Did you say: I can go to the kitchen to serve me some punch?
Yes, that tried to say, supporting him immediately. Then he politely said:
-Yeah, right over there.

That basement, like many others, was almost in darkness. I lit a focus of low voltage, reddish-yellow, covered with a paper cone further controlling the emission of light. It came to me very well, for that could not be easily discovered. I need not mention that all these characters were members of an organization to clash against the established government.

They were talking about who was going to set off a revolution in a country close to ours. Mentioned that the government was disintegrating, the country was divided into camps: On the one hand students and intellectuals, opponents of the new President, and secondly, the peasants and the workers who felt that they needed a coup. The President, rumors, receive help from a neighboring country, which had been delivered to its oil reserves for more than six years to obtain protection.

For me, as a journalist, what I was hearing was my big chance to achieve public recognition. I had the premise of a revolution in door. In my life I had seen or been involved in any such conflicting movement, few fights at home between my parents and siblings in college or something, but never anything of this magnitude ... Always Write about social events or notes of color in sports stadiums or at some political rally. The exciting thing about life, he had only read foreign magazines or seen him on cable televison. The office of local journalist in my country, not take it for more ...

At the core of this group had a leader who greet you all taking the right hand to his chest, leaning on the left side. That probably meant they were left-leaning moderate. The group leader was a man plump, dark-skinned, short, bald, with gray beard.
-Partners said in a firm voice, but in a low tone, and can be satisfied. At the end there will be a revolution close to our country. Everything is ready ...
- What time? Asked a skinny guy with hair braided in a ponytail and very pale skin, his face did not look very healthy, you are tired and sick appreciated.
-We already have answered the gray beard type, using the same low tone. Will be next Sunday any time, everyone is going to lead the government house and learn the bloody tyrant's son ... - the leader was already exalting, pulled himself together and went on, everyone knows their mission and how to fulfill it. We will achieve our purpose. At last that sister country, will be free from his agent, and executioner bloodthirsty dictator ...
- Venceremos! chorused by the assembled gasped, her eyes lit up bright fanaticism for a bleak and dreary isntantes the place ...
-We can go all-decided the gray-bearded leader. We will meet after the coup accomplished.
- What password have to say when we leave? - Asked the man skinny and sickly countenance ponytail.
The head impostando voice to impart a tint mysterious secret event itself, said:
-Leaving one by one, the guardian will ask: ¨ ¨ I reached the punch? And you reply, 'We will serve after ...

The conclave was dissolved. All terrorists, well I think I could name, they were coming down a ladder from the cellar, were in stony silence as Vatican Cardinals, feigning sobriety, releasing its wake, the white smoke from the many cigarettes that had smoked in the meeting ...

I immediately went to the newspaper and talk to my boss telling her everything he had witnessed. Obviously did not believe me at all. Still, I borrowed some money to Carmen, a friend colleague and the next day on a plane traveling to the country of the event. I did not mind being cover my expenses and debt up to hands, for me, this was a great opportunity to experience something very interesting and be able to live and tell live via the Internet to all my readers.

Landing at an airport with many palm trees around. I went to the information booth and they recommended a small hotel not far from the airfield. I left my suitcase and my laptop there and immediately went straight towards the city. Many people whit sticks, red and black flags and banners with slogans of protest against the government, in all shades. I got confused between groups wandered from one side to the other in the main streets of downtown city dweller. A growing number of people carrying handguns and rifles under their clothes. I pretended invalid one leg, doing a good job. No one bothered me or saw me different from them ...

Each of these groups, I wanted to incorporate as their own, handing arms to fight for the future they envisioned for his country. Night fell and I returned to the hotel in my clothes hiding a gun hidden trigger .38, Smith and West. My excitement was great. I felt really alive and very fortunate to be in that troubled country to be reborn. Writing, wanted nothing at the time. I was in the mental ecstasy accommodate and organize data and information.

The next day, and for evening, there was a series of explosions that shook the ground and the center of the city, which looked into the distance, shrouded in black smoke and flames in the mismito site where he had been the day before . I went out immediately and a young man carrying a kind of military uniform and rifle in hand, ordered me to get into a truck carrying boxes of weapons and cartridges of various calibers. There I realized that the coup, which I had learned early, had begun ... It was on Sunday!

As we traveled to the city, the electric current was cut pit and were in shadows, lighting our transit only the headlights of the truck. Our light, also showed other armed units that were already entrenched behind barricades and cars. The machine guns were swift: They soon began to fall many people killed in large pools of blood on the pavement of the streets. Several armed groups joined us and ran towards the buildings of downtown, where supposedly our enemies were entrenched. In moments, we had surrounded several buildings. Some of the men went into them and the rest of us were waiting behind.

Not knowing what was happening or those who fought, began to leave, one by one, the prisoners, all naked. Wanted to cry or mourn and are silent head quickly to hit their heads. Detainees had between women and several children. Everyone was crying with fear faces. The number of prisoners grew and soon numbered dozens. They placed all facing walls. presntì preparing to shoot. I wanted to hide behind one of the trucks, when someone pushed me and I was right in front of all, ordering the commander of the group behind me to stop one of the prisoners. Only then I realized that we were going to kill the prisoners so by other wild ...

I could not see very clearly, the lenses I had lost so many races. Everything was dark and lit by a few flashlights carried by some guerrillas. Felt the heat of the skin of prisoners walking inch gun he was carrying. Did not want to obey the orders. But what followed was inevitable, I also would execute me. It all seemed unreal. All my life I lost consciousness. It was no longer the same as before, was another. Did not feel anything. It was a simple journalist more in total risk, defenseless and naive. How did I get into this mess? .. Suddenly, I heard a voice saying to me: Since you became a drunk, damn journalist mediocre, you always live left to fend, get up and get out to your house, or you think you can stay here to sleep, the party ended!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario