jueves, 17 de octubre de 2013

A BIT OF MY LIFE II

I waited nine long months in the womb of my mother to do my apparition on the stage of life. I appear in the year 1950 on July 9 in the great Tenochtitlan ( Mèxico ) . It was the capital of the Aztec Empire . Notes that according to legend was founded by several tribes Nahua migrants from territories of Aztlan , Nayarit territory now ... The god Huitzilopochtli ( left colibrì ) , great patron of those men , led his people to the place where you will find a lake with an islet , which would have a rock and on the rock a cactus and the cactus an eagle with spread wings eating a snake and recognizing the sun. The site was Lake Texcoco and founded the city there . These events occurred on July 18, 1318 according to Cuahuitlan and Vatican codices . The pilgrimage lasted 165 years until they found the desired location. Tenochtitlan means place of tunas on stone. Prickly pears are fruits that give the cactus . The word here means stone heart of the land and from which they derive nopal prickly pears , stems directly from the Earth Goddess , which gives the total representation , a divine origin ... For in this land , now called , Mexico was that I was born.

Nazco toward midnight , in the clinic of Dr Ortega , located in the Colonia Santa Maria la Ribera Carpio Street . The birth of my mother was treated by Dr Ortega himself who said at the time of my birth : ¨ Look at this , sucking on hands and eyes open , and urged him out ¨ ! And so, from my birth , I was always a restless child , fearless and clever . But what few know is that he was born hyperactive, of which nobody noticed until my teens arrival . While for several years , was listed as a child impossible for anyone to put up , or know what to do with me or where to look : do not stop or invent things and be in all or appear everywhere . They represented all a great calamity ! It was a whirlwind indomitable and unpredictable in everything performed ...

Your special day of my birth , which I found in the newspapers of the time , had fallen a waterspout in the city , flooding all . Firefighters and government workers in charge of those duties , they failed to vast . The drainage system of the metropolis , did not work and their ability to release water , was passed . Ambulances and the wail of their sirens came and went everywhere. The relief claimed by the inhabitants , could not be effectively treated with solvency or even less promptly. Everything in town was a mess , so let him see all the pictures printed in newspapers and I had consulted. I mean , I was born in terror , in anxiety , in fear, in pain, in sorrow , in desperation . It breathed danger, death breathing in humidity worthy of viewing movies night of ghosts ... Still , I urged me see what life was and how he had said the midwife , urging me to observe everything out , wanted still know who were those who were outside , they did, to be engaged , proposing ...

A couple of days after birth and my mother returned with me to our house in the tough neighborhood of Tepito : Carbajal alley Number 6 B , between the street now Bias - extension of Paseo de la Reforma street , and Peralvillo . Horizontal housing dwelt two large rooms , living and dining , with the bottom zotehuela where was the kitchen , utility room, wc and some ropes our clotheslines . The large rooms functioned during the first Last news facing the front door , and tallercito as sewing room . At the other who followed him , was my grandmother 's bed and dining with their windows where they kept the glasses and plates for meals and a Day Excursions tableware for family parties . My neighborhood is known as the culture of the lofts . Seconds wood floors that are located within the same structure of the room . We had one , which was above the dining room. Through climbed a wooden staircase leading to the room where they were located four beds. During the night , the whole house turned into bedrooms , we were more than twelve family , including uncles, aunts , nephews and nieces , a woman more assistant who also lived with us, the great Pina , always watching for all and helping all ...

Tepito neighborhood has always been a very agerrido . In people, the majority, of hard work and effort to make ends meet ... It was a place not easy to live with. Dangerous for locals and visitors and more for strangers . There I moved a lot of my childhood. My grandmother was a nurse and owner of a sewing tallercito that involved several of my aunts . Had children from two marriages , a Raùl grandfather and others of Mr. Agustin Alvear. My mother was from the litter of Raùl grandfather , who had been military and prison chief Marias Islands . That grandfather was very handsome and apueso , say he was a womanizer and suddenly started getting sick , being almost paralyzed and had to be cared for by my mother in her sickness and went to live with him to serve you. They tell me of the financially comfortable , happened to have to go in a wheelchair , from bar to bar , to his military friends , regale them a little money to survive. She was diagnosed with advanced stage syphilis . That stage , must have been very difficult for my mother. Antibiotics just beginning to use and at the end the grandfather died of that terrible and destructive disease ... In any ocasion , my mother told me , that she was not only an ordeal , but a real hell, see how they destroyed gradually her handsome and dashing father, unable to do anything for him ... He told me that his death was more than sad : in some occasion I was to ask a warehouse job in which I had said requesting packers , grandfather tù they left the room we rented in his wheelchair and went to the hospital where he served. Sure felt bad . By taking the tram that would take him to the health center , got serious and vanished into the street. Then an ambulance arrived at the scene and he had strictly prohibited drugs to relieve the pain , was very allergic to them . Syphilis had already attacked the brain speech center , èl communicated to sign , paramedics inject anesthetic to love him , say he resisted and beckoned to them to avoid being injected , but as fading , his wheelchair , his physical impediments and everything surrounding the environment , it had been a very strange , thought it was crazy that knew what he wanted and was so proceeded to inject it on a public street : Death of grandfather was inevitablemte almost immediately ... For my mother the death of his father, was a blow , she adored him and all the care and devotion lavished his person , had been frustrated and without much sense, his preference for the turned from their mother's house . New therapies in the 50s promised Grandpa restore health , but time ran out. My mother thus became a Jewish wandering , going from the house of an aunt and uncle to others and to top distanced and estranged from my grandmother ... Nobody can stop the course of destiny , or divert it , much less brincàrselo : Death is the fate of everyone and sooner or later, everyone has their own death waiting !

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario